Trinity Ev. Lutheran Congregation
is located in Cole Camp, Missouri, a small rural community of approximately
1050 people. The year 1891 marked the beginning of Trinityís existence
when Immanuel Lutheran Congregation, a small church southeast of
Cole Camp, established a preaching mission in the town of Cole Camp.
During its first years the Reverend J. C. Viets served as pastor
for his own congregation, Immanuel, and as part time pastor at Trinity
in Cole Camp.
February 19, 1896, the congregation in Cole Camp adopted a constitution
and a name, and the organization of Trinity Ev. Lutheran Congregation
congregation began with a few faithful families, and it has now
grown to a membership of more than 600 members.
congregation built its first church (a brick structure) in 1911
on a lot located at what is now known as 104 E. Butterfield Trail,
located in downtown Cole Camp. After 90 years of faithful service,
the old church was replaced with a new house of worship that was
constructed over a 19 month period, and dedicated to the Glory of
the Triune God on June 30, 2002. The new church was built approximately
20 feet west of the site of the old church. The 1911 structure was
subsequently razed in the fall of 2002.
the years the church has also supported a Christian Day School.
In 1911, when the new brick church building was completed, the old
frame church was converted to a day school. The present Lutheran
School, is operated as a joint venture with two other congregations
in the area, St. Johnís, a rural church north of Cole Camp, and
Holy Cross, a rural congregation northeast of Cole Camp.
These three congregations have also formed a ministry to allow the
three congregations to work more closely on ministries in the
area. This is the Cole Camp Regional Ministry and more information
can be found on the
organizations have been established by Trinity over the years, and
information about the present organizations and auxiliaries can
be obtained by clicking on the Organizations
Connie Corpening, Church
Darryl Heimsoth, President
Errol Ahlers, Vice-President
Kristi Harms, Secretary
Judith Pritzel, Treasurer